Israel’s Military Pressure on Hamas Shows Results, Netanyahu Says

Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu stated at a government meeting on Sunday that the military pressure Israel is applying on Hamas is working. The security cabinet had decided to increase operations against Hamas earlier in March as part of Operation Strength and Sword.

Netanyahu said the operation crushes Hamas’s military capabilities while creating conditions for the release of Israeli hostages. He emphasized that the combination of military and diplomatic pressure has led to the return of hostages in the past, citing the current situation with no new hostage releases announced.

Netanyahu also addressed three “false claims” made by Hamas regarding negotiations over hostages and a potential ceasefire plan. He denied these claims, stating they are part of Hamas’s propaganda.

Additionally, Netanyahu discussed Israel’s ongoing military actions against Hezbollah, emphasizing aggressive enforcement without compromise. The Lebanese state is responsible for preventing attacks from its territory, and Israel respects the state but demands action to prevent attacks.

Netanyahu expressed appreciation for US assistance in combating Houthi terrorists in Yemen, stating it has significantly changed the situation. He said Hamas will lay down arms, leaders will be allowed to leave, and security will be ensured in Gaza under a voluntary emigration plan implemented by Israel.

Source: https://www.jpost.com/breaking-news/article-848124