Protesters in Berkeley, California, gathered in front of a Tesla dealership on Saturday, joining thousands of others worldwide in condemning Elon Musk’s efforts to scale down the federal workforce. The “Tesla Takedown” protests have been growing since their inception last month, with over 1,000 demonstrators attending the latest event.
Critics argue that Musk is using his influence to erode democracy and benefit himself financially. Many believe that the Tesla CEO’s actions are a direct attack on the federal government and its workers. Esther Hill, a retired EPA employee, said, “I know how much good is being done by these so-called federal bureaucrats.”
The protests have gained momentum, with hundreds of protesters overflowing into the street in front of the dealership. Signs bearing messages like “Musk giving Nazi salute” were visible among the crowd.
Similar scenes played out at 253 locations around the world, including major cities like New York City and Los Angeles. Organizers say that this is a significant increase from previous weeks, with more people attending demonstrations.
Michael Wong, a Tesla owner who now regrets purchasing his CyberTruck, said, “If you got a CyberTrick, you’re an asshole.” He believes that Musk’s actions are hypocritical, as he profits from the sale of eco-friendly vehicles while contributing to the national debt.
The protests have sparked concerns about violence and vandalism. The FBI has issued warnings about acts of vandalism at Tesla dealerships in several states, and a task force has been established to investigate recent attacks on the company.
Despite the growing protests, Musk vowed to “go after” those who he blames for promoting propaganda against him. However, the demonstrations remained peaceful, with organizers hoping to attract more people to join their cause.
Source: https://www.yahoo.com/news/size-of-tesla-takedown-protest-movement-continues-to-grow-153716509.html